Resources Used by the COVID-19 Task Force Health Team
Free Union COVID-19 Task Force
Health Team Recommendations Sources
Policy Papers, Letters, & Articles
State of Virginia Plans and Guidelines for Reopening
Centers for Disease Control (CDC) Background and Context
Instructional videos on hand cleaning, good for the entire family
Guidance from other states
Scientific journal articles and letters
- Brainard, J., Jones, N., Lake, I., Hooper, L., Hunter, P. (2020, April) Facemasks and similar barriers to prevent respiratory illness such as COVID-19: A rapid systematic review.
- Chu, D., Akl, E.,Duda, S., Solo, K., Yaccoub, S., Schunemann, H. (2020,June) Physical distancing, face masks and eye protection to prevent person-to-person transmission of SARS-CoV-19 and COVID-19: a systematic review and meta-analysis. The Lancet.
- Cruz, A., Zeichner, S. (2020, June). COVID-19 in Children: Initial Characterization of the Pediatric Disease. Pediatrics. Retrieved June 7, 2020
- Howard, Jeremy & Huang, Austin & Li, Zhiyuan & Tufekci, Zeynep & Ždímal, Vladimír & Westhuizen, Helene-Mari & Delft, Arne & Price, Amy & Fridman, Lex & Tang, Li-Han & Tang, Viola & Watson, Gregory & Jenco, M. (2020, May) Experts Shed More Light on COVID-19 related Inflammatory Syndrome in Children. AAP News. Retrieved June 7, 2020
- Lee, B. (2020, June) COVID-19 Transmission and Children: The Child is Not to Blame. American Academy of Pediatrics. Retrieved June 7, 2020
- MacIntyre, C. R., & Chughtai, A. A. (2020). A rapid systematic review of the efficacy of face masks and respirators against coronaviruses and other respiratory transmissible viruses for the community, healthcare workers and sick patients. International journal of nursing studies, 108, 103629. Advance online publication.
- Nardell, E. (2020, June). Airborne Spread of SARS-CoV-2 and a Potential Role for Air Disinfection. Retrieved June 7, 2020
- Qian,H. Miao,T., Liu,L., Zheng, X., Luo,D., Li,Y. (2020, January) Indoor Transmission of SARS-CoV-2. Retrieved June 7, 2020
- Smieszek, T., Lazzari, G. & Salathé, M. Assessing the Dynamics and Control of Droplet- and Aerosol-Transmitted Influenza Using an Indoor Positioning System. Sci Rep 9, 2185 (2019) and Nature February 2019. Comment from Free Union Task Force Health Team: This article shows the impact of ventilation on mitigating airborne spread of disease using influenza.
- Zhang, R., Li, Y., Zhang, A., Wang, Y., Molina, M. (2020, June) Identifying airborne transmission as the dominant route for the spread of COVID-19. Retrieved June 14. Comment from Free Union Task Force Health Team: This article shows a significant effect of masking in changing transmission; shows differences with and without masking.