Free Union Country School, a member of the Progressive Education Network, is seeking a leader with experience in independent school practices to oversee and coordinate all aspects of our school’s operations, working especially in close coordination with Directors of Teaching & Learning, Business & Operations, and Communications to advance the strategic plan and vision developed by the Board of Trustees & current Head of School. The interim Head of School is a provisional one and could be extended to a longer-term position depending on fit. Our interim Head of School will:
- In collaboration with the Director of Teaching & Learning, support and advance the educational standing & pedagogical quality of the school, largely through effective communications and fundraising.
- In collaboration with the Director of Business & Operations, ensure the continued financial health of the school.
- In collaboration with the Director of Communications, ensure the continued success of the school community and vision.
- In collaboration with the Board of Trustees, advance the strategic plan and vision of the school through effective leadership and supervision of fundraising and marketing efforts.
The school strives to realize our fullest potential by fostering the most authentic, integrated, and child-centered learning experience possible. With a cerebral and inquisitive team, an educational niche crystallized by our work through the pandemic, and a pastoral campus vitalized with educational potential, we seek an experienced institutional leader who will pilot the school towards the ambitious strategic endeavors now emerging: leadership in natural sciences education for young learners, a multicultural community arts center, social justice and civil-rights centered social studies, and integrated learning experiences.
Please consider applying if you:
- have a record of successfully supervising and leading a team of professionals
- have a record of successfully coordinating a diverse array of operations, such as finance & budgeting, fundraising, marketing, facilities & grounds
- value and can advance substantive manifestations of diversity, equity, and inclusion in school settings
- are excited by an opportunity to guide a small but talented, intellectual, dynamic team to help them realize their educational goals and aspirations
Education and Experience
- Master’s Degree or higher in school administration, non-profit management, or similar specialization
- A demonstrable record of success managing, steadying, and leading a non-profit or independent school team. Educational experience is encouraged.
Eligible candidates should be available to start anytime between May and July, 2021. We are a community committed to diversifying along ethnic, economic, and religious lines and welcome applicants who represent and broaden that diversity. Free Union Country School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin in the administration of its staffing, admissions, tuition assistance, educational policies, extracurricular or other school-administered programs.